I have DeQuervains Tenosynovities. My wrist have been really bothering me for about the last 9 months. I just believed it would get better on its own over time. I pro bably still would not have gone to see anyone if I had not gone to stop Charlotte the last week from getting in the dog food. I reached for her and the worst pain i had ever felt in my wrist shot right up my arm. It was extremely tender for about a week. This morning I went and saw a specialist, and they determined what it was pretty quickly. Dr. Kimball really believes that it will take surgery to repair the damage, but that is something I am not going to jump quickly to. Instead I chose to have a wrist sling for the next two weeks, and take some cortisone pills vs the shot which goes directly into the wrist tendons. The sling prevents any wrist or thumb movement, and is really making things more difficult for me. Especially with a 1yr old running around. I really hope surgery can be avoided.
To learn more click here.
To learn more click here.
1 comment:
Ouch that sucks!!!! Those cortisone shots are really painful but work well I've heard. My mom has had to do them all over her body for different things.
Post a Comment