Sunday, March 7, 2010

Charlottes First Birthday



IT'S PARTY TIME


It was a great party. For those of you who could make it ,Thank you !
We have been looking forward to this party all week and it was all I imagined it would be. Great friends and family, and a little host who turned One.
Her is Charlotte and Grandma relaxing and reading before the chaos.

First we did present and Charlotte was showered with great gifts. Lots of toys, books, and cute clothes. She had her favorites, and clothes were not it. Some toys made her cry (aunt joy), others made her smile. now my question is where to put it all. I am going to have to go shopping for more toy storage.

After gifts it was time for cake, and by this time Charlotte hit overload. After a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday I got her undressed, got her in the highchair(which I used when I was little), and it was time. In the beginning she was a little hesitant. She kept looking at me for approval. She knew that what she was doing is something I would normally same "no" to. So, with hesitant hands she started for her cake. A little poke here, and then a few more fingers until she was grabbing handfuls of frosting and cake. She even shared with me and Grandma Jean.

10 minutes into her cake she her all time overload. She had had it.

So off to the bath where she cried the entire time.


After her bath she finally calmed down, and rejoined the party and started playing with the other kids
Again thanks to all those who came. What a great party

2 comments:

Brianna said...

HAHA There's always a minute of overload on a first birthday =) It looked like you had a great turnout-she is a lucky girl! And cute to boot!

Erin said...

I love first birthday parties! Happy Birthday, Charlotte!