Monday, March 29, 2010

A different kind of love


I love my backyard. Although it is not my dream backyard, and it needs a little love, it has it positives. On of my favorite things are these trees. Yes they are dying (sad) and have seen better days, but they are awesome.


1: They hide my yard from my insane neighbor, and I do not have to look at her eyesore of a backyard.


2: Vines are starting to grow on them and in the summer they are a beautiful green, and in the fall the vines turn a vibrant red, and I have a wall of beautiful fall colors.


3: I have dozens of birds that live in them. I have at least 3 bird feeders that I am always filling. These birds seem to devourer the food. I could sit and watch them for hours. The cat is always hunched down starting out the door, and Charlotte is just starting to notice them and too she will stand at the door and watch them.



4:These trees where shelter for my sweet Leo, before we took him in. We did not know he was living in them for the longest time. For months he roamed the neighborhood, and I only saw him in the front. It was not until winter time, when we noticed a trail from the gate, along the trees and between to fountain. Once we took him in, and the snow cleared we could see his little home. Just inside the trees you could see where he had made a little bed out of the needles. He is my little snuggle-bug.

No comments: