This afternoon our Millie had a seizure. Charlotte and I were in the TV room snuggling when in the kitchen I saw Charlotte's plastic shopping cart get kicked over. I could only see just a small portion of Millie's foot, and at first it looked like she was playing and rough housing with the cat. I had just seen the cat in there with her. I got up to tell her to leave the cat alone when I saw her convulsing on the floor, and at that moment it felt like time stood still. I yelled her name grabbed the phone,and started comforting her. I was so scared. My heart was racing and I was not sure what to do. The thought of calling 911 went through my head, but instead I called Bonnie. Bonnie's dog suffers from frequent seizures and I thought that she may be my best bet. Millie's episode lasted at the most 10 seconds, but it really felt like forever. Bonnie arrived, and called her Steve to bring over some oxygen. After 5 minutes or so Millie started to calm down, and resume her normal-ness and after 20 minutes and 1/2 a zanix she was calm. Since then she has been great. All the cats know something happened. I had hardly seen them all day, and since Millie's episode the are all out and where Millie is. Charlotte has been giving Millie occasional hugs.
We love our Millie goat and she gave me - us a good scare today. After the episode with the dogs attacking the cat the previous morning and now this..... I am emotionally exhausted.
No comments:
Post a Comment