Monday, May 12, 2008

Me....Run (walk) a 10k? Can I do this?




My dear dear friend Shannon has convinced me that I need to run the Days of 47 10k marathon with her. All you you who know me know that I am not an avid runner. Shannon on the other hand runs marathons all the time. My fear is not that I can not finish the race (with several stops), but that I will hold her back, and that can get frustrating for a runner. Even though she says that she will not care, and that she just wants us to do this together.
I have been "training" at the gym. Trying to get my endurance up there, but I think that there is no hope. There is still a little over 2 months until the race, and we are going to start running together.
Maybe she will change her mind once she sees for herself that this may be a worthless effort.
Love you Shannon :)

Wish me luck. I will need it.

No comments: