Monday, June 16, 2014

Flowers for mom

 
 
 
This year for mothers day went an visited my moms graveside and left her a small rose bush. Roses are beautiful, and are very little maintenance. We were sure that the rain and sprinkler system would keep it watered and growing. Seems we were wrong. Just 4 days later, we went to visit the grave site for her birthday and found the rose bush dry, brown and dead. Oddly, I was a bit heart broken that it did not survive. So, we took the bush home to save it. We left it in its container and placed in near the tomato plates where it would get plenty of water and sunshine.
Last night while playing with the kids outside I was just about to throw it out when I noticed the tiniest amount of new growth beneath and the dead leaves and flowers. I went and stripped it of the deadness to reveal a lot more new growth. This made my heart beam with happiness. My hope is for the small rose bush to grow, and to be a beautiful addition to our yard.
 
 

No comments: