Monday, May 9, 2011

School girl

(Morning of the first day)
4 Weeks ago Charlotte started daycare and it has been a real adjustment. I really do not think there was an easy way to introduce Charlotte to this new schedule. I wish there was a way to ease her into it , but there was not and we had to jump right in. She has done really well. 
 I am really lucky and do not have to be to work until 9am. This honestly has been a huge life saver. Charlotte gets herself up in the morning, and has time to drink her juice, eat some breakfast and watch a good part of a movie every morning. There is no rushing, and I believe that this has really helped a lot.
The first 2 weeks were really rough, and A LOT of tears were shed from Charlotte and me. There were a lot of days where I could hear her crying for me as I walked out of her class, and I cried walking out the building and while driving to work. I cried alot at home, first thing in the morning, and when going to bed at night.
After 2 weeks the tears stopped, and leaving in the morning has been a little less heartwrenching. She will now go off and start playing with the kids, or go over to be with her teacher.
(Waiting to go to school)

And even though it is so hard to say goodbye in the morning, they best past of the day is picking her up when she sees me and runs and gives me the biggest hug.

No comments: