Wednesday, April 14, 2010

OUCH !

What a night. My heart is still racing. Charlotte was looking out the front window, and I just gone into the kitchen to finish cleaning up dinner when I heard her fall...then she screamed. The moment I turned the corner I knew some thing was terribly wrong. As I got closer I could see the blood just draining from her mouth. Panic set in and I yelled for Steve. Immediately we could see that she had cut her lip. We tried putting some pressure on it with a towel but she was not having it. Steve gently and ever so often wiped her mouth as she laid on my shoulder screaming and sobbing. This went on for nearly 10 minutes. I could see that "My Friends Tigger and Pooh" was playing on the television, so I took her into the TV room to try and get her mind off of her injury. After some time, she stopped crying and whimpering, and finally calmed down. She ended up with a small cut and a good fat lip. Off to bath to clean her and I up. I looked like I had been though a battle zone, and I felt like it too. Once in the bath she acted as if nothing had happened. She was splashing in the water, chewing on the bath toys. After some time she finally let me look at her upper gums and my heart sank.


She has got 4 teeth on the bottom. The width and depth of them gouged her upper gums very bad. They are bloody, swollen,tender and terribly cut up. Just before bed time she bumped her mouth and they bled and she screamed. I feel so bad for her. I know it is going to be a long night for her and for me. we had such a fun day, and it ended in such a terrible way. I hope that a good nights rest helps her heal some and that she feels better by morning.

2 comments:

Brianna said...

Mouth problems are the worst. I swear when Paxton was little everytime he got hurt it involved his mouth in some way! I hope she heals fast--poor baby =(

The Bronson Bunch said...

That poor baby! I just shivered at thinking of her upper gums being cut by her 4 bottom teeth! I hope she is feeling better!