Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Manti House Inn Bed and Breakfast

My kidnapping adventure was great. Steve surprised me and we ended up in Manti, UT. Steve know I love sampete county and the Manti Temple. We stayed and the Manti House Inn Bed and Breakfast. This place is darling.

We got into Manti around 3 in the afternoon. After we got checked in and got our bags up to the room, we walked the bustling streets of manti. (we were the only 2 people out walking.)We shopped a few of the local craft stores, went to the grocery store for some snacks and drinks, and of course we had to stop at the local Fudge shop. Around 6 o'clock we had dinner downstairs in the restaurant, and after dinner, Steve surprised me with a horse drawn carriage ride around Manti.

When your family is from a small town, it is only inevitable that someone is going to know them. The woman driving the carriage asked where Steve and I were from, and then I had mentioned to her that my grandparents live in Ephraim (small town north of Manti). Long story short...she knows and grandparents and went to high school with my Mother.

Sunday morning, we surprised my Grandpa Johnson by coming to the house and going to breakfast. He has no idea we were in town was very happy to see us both.

It was a great surprise and a great overnight trip. I loved every minute of it, and I know the Steve had a great time too.

He is the best!




3 comments:

Muriah Lucero said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful weekend. What a great guy to have done all that!

Erin said...

I love surprises! Good job, Steve!!!

Erin said...

Way to go Steve! How cool!