Christmas Eve was held at Aunt Joys house. We always seem to have a great time. It is always laid back, and non stressful.
We all enjoyed a nice dinner together prior to opening gifts. I ended up getting a horrible cold this night which kept me from enjoying myself too much. But, the kids as always had an amazing time.
Aunt Joy was taking the RedEYe flight out to NYC so our evening started hours earlier that normal. I was so greatful for that. It was nice to get home and relax some and not have to rush, set up Christmas, and squeeze in some sleep.
The holidays are certainly a lot different since the loss of my mom. And, I am ever so grateful for Joy and her willingness to take the 2 kids under her wing and love them as she would he own grandchildren. Joy, and the 2 kids have a lot of genuine love for each other.







No comments:
Post a Comment