Tuesday, January 12, 2010

90 yrs and first night away.

Monday was my grandfathers 90th birthday. The whole family met in Ephraim to celebrate his big day. I can not believe that he is 90. He is the best grandpa and I have so many great memories of him. I am always telling him that he is going to live forever.
Myself, Steve, Charlotte, my mom and bob ended up staying the night in Ephraim so we would not have to rush on Sunday, and Steve and I did not want to have Charlotte in her car seat all day. We stayed at the only hotel in Ephraim, the Willow Creek. It was not so bad. For such a small town the hotel could have been a lot worse. I really thought that we would have a pretty easy night. Boy was I wrong. Charlotte fell asleep at 9 pm and so Steve and I went to bed also. She was up at 10,12,2-330, 530, and then 730. She and I slept in a chair twice that night since I was afraid to lie her down in fear of waking her. By the afternoon, she and I were dog tired, and I got a cold that day so I was not really feeling up to par. Even though we totally over packed and got no sleep. It was a pretty good night away from home.


Charlotte could not wait to get of her carseat, and her clothes. She loves to just be in a diaper.

Grandma doing what she does best. Feeding charlotte something I wouldn't. Here she is with black licorise


Waitng to eat luch at the Cafe.



We all thoght we were going to burn the house down. Joy managed to fit 90 candles on that cake. We did have a back up cake to eat, since this was made out of wax once the candles were bolwn out.


My grandmas sister Cherel, and brother Clair come down for the celebration. It was great seeing them both again.

2 comments:

The Ninth Girls said...

LOL! I love that cake!
My kids never do well when they are not in their beds.

The Bronson Bunch said...

I can't believe he is 90 either! I miss going to Ephraim with your family and visiting him. I'm glad you got to spend the day with him. That cake is hilarious with all those candles!