Poor thing is sick again. On Friday she had a fever which had gradually risen from 99.5 in the morning to 102.0 by evening. So off to the instacare we went where we were told she had a virus, and there was nothing we could do. Over the next few days her temperature really fluctuated anywhere from 100.00 to 103.2. Sunday her fever had broken, and has not had a fever since. I thought we were in the final stages of her being sick.
I spoke too soon.
Monday morning I noticed she had a few spots on her stomach. Just thinking it was some heat bumps and nothing more, we went to the gym as we do every morning. Well, by the time we got home she had a full blown rash on her torso and back, so off to Dr. Montgomerie's we went, and the verdict is.....Coxsackievirus. This is a form of hand, foot and mouth disease. Although she has no sore on her hands and feet, her throat is swollen with canker like sores. Poor thing. She has been extra fussy and clingy. She is constantly climbing me and I cannot go more than a feet from her with her crying. This should clear on its on in the next few days, but it seems we are on lock down here since she is contagious. Oops about going to the gym. I hope none of the kids there get sick.
1 comment:
Oh man, Ridley had that too. :( Miserable kiddos make for miserable parents. I'm sorry. Hopefully she'll get better soon.
Post a Comment