Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dog Physical Therapy

On Monday morning Millie was diagnosed with Canine Vestibular Disease, and ever since then she has been quite a hand full. She weighs 50 lbs, and we have to carry her up and down the stairs. Wrap a towel around her so she will walk to go outside. You have to stand on her right so she can lean on you. In order from her to move around in the house she crawls since every time she stands she falls over. I feel so bad for her, and I am sure she does not understand what is going on. She is not eating or drinking very much which is frustrating. The most important thing right now is to keep her hydrated and since she will not drink I have to manual give her liquids. So we are using one of those blue baby nose suctions to put liquids into her. I am seeing a little improvement with her holding her head up and not falling to the right, but she is still unable to stand without falling. The vet said it could take up to 2 weeks for her to recover. I am hoping it will less that that. Here are a few pictures of Steve running Millie around the front yard.










No comments: